• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HELP ME unlock Samsung Captivate PLEASE!!

Hey guys. Before I begin, I want to let you know that I've already checked out all the other thread for unlocking Samsung Captivate. I did what was told in those threads but I was unable to successfully unlock my Captivate. I even looked at numerous tutorial videos on youtube, but they didn't pull through either.

I downloaded the "Generate Unlock Windows.zip" from xda-developers, and used winrar to extract it. After extracting it, I opened the "Generate_Code" and the big black box popped up. From there, I'm suppose to get the unlocking code but it says "error: device not found" and "Error: unable to find file <.Wnv_data.bin>"

Please help me unlock my Samsung Captivate to use on T-Mobile! Thanks in advance!!

Need more info.

By saying you've tried the info in every other thread, you're basically ensuring no one will help you since you're expecting there's a secret new way that hasn't been posted before. Anything that we know is already in a thread somewhere.

I can't help with 2.2 but for 2.1:
Unlock - CapFAQ

Sorry. I may have exaggerated a little by saying "I've checked out all the other threads".

I'm so sorry but I'm very new to Android(Only used iPhones in the past) and I have no clue how to find the froyo.. If by froyo, you mean Firmware version, then mine is 2.1-update1(This is what it says).

Upvote 0
2.2 is froyo, if you are running 2.1 the you should be able to follow the directions he linked... hopefully

Haha "Hopefully" is a perfect word for me.. I'm very dumb when it comes to technologies and even when there are answers laid out in front of me, sometimes I don't get it right.. Hopefully I get better with tech as I use them more and more!

Thanks you two for the help. I got my Captivate unlocked successfully and is ready to roll on T-Mobile! Thanks again!

Upvote 0
2.1 update 1 was JF6 on mine and I don't see where the poster even mentions JH7.

"2.1-update1" can be JF6 or JH7. JH7 didn't change this field. Since the poster didn't clarify which they had, I was simply mentioning that your suggestion wouldn't work for JH7.

I wasn't assuming they had JH7. You were assuming they had JF6. The page I linked has options that work in each.

I looked at your link and this poster is a noob, may not have barcode scanner to download the image or even know what the barcode is.
Which is why that site has:

- a link to the app so they can install it other ways besides the QR code, including seeing the exact name to search for in the Android Marketplace
- A page describing QR codes

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones