• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help me with understanding the plans when buying my Droid?

detroid

Nov 23, 2009
Detroit
Sorry this is double posted in the vzw forum, but it's not terribly active...

So, I am on the VWZ site pricing out 2 Moto Droids with a "Nationwide Connect Family Share Plan 1400", which is 1400 minutes, unlimited txt/vid/pic messaging, and unlimited data for $139. After I select this plan and select my phones it then puts me at a screen where I am forced to choose between $45 "unlimited data usage" or $30 "email and web for smartphone". I cannot advance from this screen without selecting one of these options and I have to select one of the options for each phone, which would mean an additional $90 on my bill for the unlimited option.

If "unlimited data" is included in the nationwide family share 1400 plan why am I being forced to buy another 2 data plans on top of it?

I can swallow $140 for unlimited everything + 1400 mins for 2 droids, but not $230!!!

Help?

the connect plans are for non-smartphones. you shouldnt even be able to get droids under this plan because the unlimited data only applies to normal phones. When you but smartphone from vzw you HAVE to get a data plan (usually $30)

change to the select family shareplan and then select 1400 minutes

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones