1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Help me with understanding the plans when buying my Droid?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by detroid, Nov 25, 2009.

1. detroid

detroid Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2009
    Detroit
    Sorry this is double posted in the vzw forum, but it's not terribly active...

So, I am on the VWZ site pricing out 2 Moto Droids with a "Nationwide Connect Family Share Plan 1400", which is 1400 minutes, unlimited txt/vid/pic messaging, and unlimited data for $139. After I select this plan and select my phones it then puts me at a screen where I am forced to choose between $45 "unlimited data usage" or $30 "email and web for smartphone". I cannot advance from this screen without selecting one of these options and I have to select one of the options for each phone, which would mean an additional $90 on my bill for the unlimited option.

If "unlimited data" is included in the nationwide family share 1400 plan why am I being forced to buy another 2 data plans on top of it?

I can swallow $140 for unlimited everything + 1400 mins for 2 droids, but not $230!!!

Help?

Advertisement

2. bmar29

bmar29 Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2009
    the connect plans are for non-smartphones. you shouldnt even be able to get droids under this plan because the unlimited data only applies to normal phones. When you but smartphone from vzw you HAVE to get a data plan (usually $30)

change to the select family shareplan and then select 1400 minutes

3. detroid

detroid Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2009
    Detroit
    Ah well that makes sense. You'd think they'd make that painfully obvious by not allowing you to even see the Droid when building a connect plan.