1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help Me!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nickmnusa, Feb 17, 2011.

1. nickmnusa

nickmnusa Newbie

So I rooted my X tonight and decided to flash the zapx 3.0 rom from rom manager. After it loaded up I instantly got bootloop so I managed to get back to rom manager and try to restore my backup when it goes to boot I get stuck at the M logo Please help im freaking out!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. diskovilante

diskovilante Member

I don't know how to solve your problem, but, Droid X Bootstraper is much much better than ROM Manager.

Just noticed you don't have a Droid X. This is the Droid X forum...no HTC phones here.

3. nickmnusa

nickmnusa Newbie

Yep just got my X two days ago gave the incredible to the wife and luckily I had downloaded that app and was able to use it and it got me into recovery best $2 I have ever spent

4. colchiro

colchiro Extreme Android User

Did you check the boxes to clear/format before installing the rom?

I just checked and the ZapX rom is for Froyo (android 2.3.15), not for your current version 2.3.340. You have to be careful of that. I love RM, especially for managing backups, but it does show you roms that aren't safe to install.

If you still can get into recovery, I'd format/clear cache, then try loading your backup again.

5. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

hopefully you made a backup, but if not, have no fear your still in good hands, if you made a backup no need to worry, if you didnt make a backup still no need to worry, you will just need to sbf back to 2.3.320

6. kcrang

kcrang Member

if your phone is bootlooping, flash SBF files. Here is how

http://androidforums.com/droid-x-al...ide-root-unroot-backup-rom-sbf-overclock.html

7. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

if he made a backup he doesnt need to sbf
    just boot into recovery and bam your set

if he didnt make a backup yes sbf is your way out, and its saved all of us at least once im sure, or close to all of us

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews