• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help migrating from Blackberry?

adamnmurad

Nov 28, 2010
Hello! I've decided to take the leap from BlackBerry to a T-Mobile G2. I'm kind of a--l about my data... Is there an easy way to transfer data from a BlackBerry Torch to Android/G2? I know Google Sync can do contacts/calendar, but I'm being a little more demanding than that... It would be great if we could move media (pictures I've taken on the Torch, etc.), text messages, call logs, and everything too.

I found Sprite Mobile (Sprite Mobile - Transfer Windows Mobile, Blackberry and Symbian data to Android-) and it's exactly what I'm looking for. However, when you check the fine print for BB (Sprite Mobile - Transfer Windows Mobile, Blackberry and Symbian data to Android), turns out it will only move contacts, call logs, bookmarks.

BlackBerry's desktop software does have a migration wizard from Windows Mobile and Palm, so just curious if there's anything similar for Android. I also know when switching from PC to Mac computers they can take care of this at the Apple store (or you can get software) too.

Any advice? Thanks in advance?

Not sure how you can move text messages and call logs, but as far as media goes you can probably take it out of the BB to your PC then from PC to G2? Or if you're going to use a MicroSD card, then put the card into the BB then transfer the files onto it, then just transfer it that way right to your G2.

edit. I think I just described the hardest way to do all this, but it's A solution I guess.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones