1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help! Moving apps onto Ace Galaxy homepage

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by ineedhelpquick, Apr 30, 2012.

1. ineedhelpquick

This is probably some sort of phone 101, but can't figure it out on my new Galaxy Ace. I downloaded a few apps from Google Play (Instagram, BBC news, etc.) and I thought they automatically appear with all your programs -- then touch and hold them until they transfer to your homepage. Have already done this successfully with a few apps...

Problem is, all of a sudden they're not appearing at all, though they're definitely downloading and under my Application settings -- just can't figure out how to run them! Step by step help would be HUGELY helpful, and I can't seem to find any one having had the same problem on different threads. Thanks!

2. alpha0990

alpha0990 Android Enthusiast

is it that the first homescreen is full? put a finger on the right hand side of the screen n slide it to the left. click on the icon on the bottom right hand corner of any homescreen for access to all the apps.

3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

You dont need to put everything on the home page you know. And the homepage only has a 4x4 grid for apps on the stock interface. You can have 7 home screens though, which you can access by side swiping.

Samsung S5830 Galaxy Ace user interface - YouTube

4. ineedhelpquick

alpha0990: It's not full, I've left room. Sorry for not describing my issue better, but it's more of that when I click the bottom right icon, my apps aren't even under there. If I go to Settings --> Applications --> Manage Apps, they've downloaded.... but how do I use them? *Sigh*

5. ineedhelpquick

I FINALLY figured it out , for anyone else searching for the same problem -- TURN OFF SAFE MODE!