• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HELP! moving paradise island to a new device

Sarahje

Lurker
Feb 2, 2012
Hi,
I am hoping someone can help me as I have never done a root before and wanting to know the risks.. if any?
I have to give my HTC desire back to Telstra and they are giving me a new one (maybe a different model Nexus) . As silly as it seems I want to be able to transfer my Paradise Island and Smurf Village over to the new phone. Now I've read the only way to do this is to root your phone. Which I have never done! So i was thinking can i root it then save the games then unroot it and give it back then put it on my new phone? will there be any risk? As in warrenty void if i root it? if I can do this with out any worries, can i have a step by step guide>??

Hopfully some kind person can help me out here. PLEASE!
Thanks
Sarah

Hi,
I am hoping someone can help me as I have never done a root before and wanting to know the risks.. if any?
I have to give my HTC desire back to Telstra and they are giving me a new one (maybe a different model Nexus) . As silly as it seems I want to be able to transfer my Paradise Island and Smurf Village over to the new phone. Now I've read the only way to do this is to root your phone. Which I have never done! So i was thinking can i root it then save the games then unroot it and give it back then put it on my new phone? will there be any risk? As in warrenty void if i root it? if I can do this with out any worries, can i have a step by step guide>??

Hopfully some kind person can help me out here. PLEASE!
Thanks
Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Can I recommend you read the faqs and guides provided and compiled by the experts who frequent the forum first? They are located in the "stickies" at the top of the "all things root" sub forum and address mist of your queries.
There are risks but that is why we recommend reading the provided guides as we don't want people to walk into it blind. After gaining a good understanding of what you're doing, it's pretty straight forward.
Warranty will be void, however you can "unroot" should you need to send it back.

Good luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones