1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help! My bluetooth keeps saying the TIME!

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by 0ldfart, Apr 17, 2012.

1. 0ldfart

0ldfart Lurker

I am having a problem with my Samsung Galaxy S and a SUPERTOOTH BUDDY bluetooth.

All was working fine until recently, when my bluetooth speaker started blurting out the time, every hour, on the hour.

As you can imagine this is very annoying. The bluetooth speaker is on my desk and I just about jump out of my chair when it does this.

I did the sensible thing and emailled SUPERTOOTH tech support, who responded with the following:

I have had a look at my Samsung Galaxy, but cant seem to find where to switch this off. Google is not much help, because the keywords "Android" "Time" and "bluetooth" bring up all sorts of unrelated results. Hence this plea for help.

Can anyone suggest what I might try to get rid of this annoying time announcement?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. 0ldfart

0ldfart Lurker

nudge.

anyone?

3. 0ldfart

0ldfart Lurker

Seriously?

No one has any ideas about this?

4. Androidfreako

Androidfreako Lurker

Hi,
    I have the same problem on my Galaxy SII, any luck finding a solution to this sudden time-telling ?

5. matttye

matttye Android Expert

Could it be Tasker? I know Tasker is capable of this, but I would have thought you'd know if you set up a profile to do this.

Long shot but worth checking.

6. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Try Menu>Settings>Accessibility>Talkback. See if its turned on.

7. Androidfreako

Androidfreako Lurker

My Accessibility is turned off. phone wont shut up .it keeps saying the time every hour. Errrrrrrrrrrrggggggggg