1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HELP! My BRAND NEW LG OPTIMUS L70 wont send or receive picture messages!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by GlitzLove, Oct 2, 2014.

1. GlitzLove

GlitzLove Lurker

Okay, so I just got this phone a few days ago and so far it wont let me send or receive picture messages. Idk why, since I did pay for that feature. I have the $60 plan so I should be able to do everything..On top of that, when I go into my settings to see my phone number, it is still saying that is it 'Unknown'. I also can't download any music to it from the free music apps I used to use on my old LG Optimus. Wtf is going on with my phone????? ..Thanks for reading this:)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. biggiephil

biggiephil Android Enthusiast

Using stock messaging app? is your data on? thats odd man

3. GlitzLove

GlitzLove Lurker

Yea everything is fine on it. I can regular txt, use internet and some other apps. Just can't send/ receive pics, see my phone number, or download music. It's weird.

4. biggiephil

biggiephil Android Enthusiast

Maybe a factory reset will help

5. JerrysKids

JerrysKids Well-Known Member

Have you swiped the menu bar down, then scroll all the way to the right , tap "Data" then untap it, then tap it once more to show it is blue. If it is not blue it aint on. Make sure its on.

6. JesseKnows

JesseKnows Member

Is the APN (Access Point Name) set properly for your carrier? One of the items therein is MMSC.
    Go to Settings/Networks/Tethering/Mobile networks/Access point names then click the APN for your service.

Hadron likes this.
  7. ArmpitFunk

ArmpitFunk Newbie

Make sure your data is on. This happened to me as well...had to turn my data on as it sends over the carrier's mobile network. If you have it turned off, you won't be able to send or receive messages, even with your wifi on and your data turned off.

Hope this helps.

9. THANK YOU for that answer! But I also had to turn Wifi OFF. My pictures still wouldn't send as long as it was on. As soon as I turned Wifi off, with Data on, BINGO. Success. Could not find that answer in the online manual. Btw, I have a LG Ultimate 2 with Tracfone

LG L70 Forum

The LG L70 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 200 processor, and 2100mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews