1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support HELP!!!! My HTC One X use 5 second or more to return to the home page..

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AhBeng, May 1, 2012.

1. AhBeng

AhBeng Lurker
    None

May 1, 2012
    Hi, I just brought HTC one X 5 days ago. Now, after me finished an apps then i click the home button to go to the homepage. But it appear the word "loading" and use at least 5 second or more to finish it. What happen to my phone?? Anyone can help?? Really need it.. Thanks

Advertisement

2. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Android Expert
    None

Jul 3, 2010
    Button Moon
    If you have an unbranded phone, have you updated the software to the latest version as this cures that problem.
    If you have a network branded phone you may have a longer wait for the update.

AhBeng likes this.
  3. AhBeng

AhBeng Lurker
    None

May 1, 2012
    No work.. I just finished update my software and the problem still occur.. How??

4. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Android Expert
    None

Jul 3, 2010
    Button Moon
    You may have to do what i did after the update, that's a factory reset it cleared my problem on the downside you have to set your phone up again.

AhBeng likes this.
  5. AhBeng

AhBeng Lurker
    None

May 1, 2012
    Actually this was second times ady.. The first I directly used factory reset, then my problem solved.. But now it happen again. Got any other solution besides factory reset??

6. DNolan

DNolan Lurker
    None

May 1, 2012
    You altered the settings. Go to your options, find "developer options", then find an option "Dont keep activities". Make sure it's unticked. The reason it's taking 5 seconds to go back to the home screen is because it needs to load the process for the home screen into memory from storage. Make sure this is turned off. This will decrease battery life.

jesskrel, swamprat96 and AhBeng like this.
  7. AhBeng

AhBeng Lurker
    None

May 1, 2012
    Thank You!!! It works...

8. shaggytao

shaggytao Lurker
    None

May 1, 2012
    Does anyone know if HTC One X has a reboot button? I hear it has reset that clears all data and puts back.to factory settings but how about when the phone freezes? I have an Inspire and when it freezes up, I just remove and replace battery and everything is fine....can't do that for One X. Any ideas?

9. baskaranz

baskaranz Lurker
    None

May 1, 2012
    Hi, this is a common problem with htc sense. i encountered it quite often in my old htc sensation xe. It even occurs in my new htc one x. Its because of low memory. As soon as you hit the home button after using a memory intensive app you will get this loading message. No fixes i guess. learn to live with it mate :(

10. NikkiC

NikkiC Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 1, 2012
    Brisbane, Australia
    If you hold the on/off button down for 10-15 secs that will reboot or reset the phone. I had to do this the other day when my phone had no signal after the update.

s.m.knipe likes this.
  11. Valdroid12

Valdroid12 Lurker
    None

Aug 30, 2012
    I was facing the same issues. It used to take a lot of time to load the home screen and sometimes once the screen got loaded further time to show all the icons. At times the touch became delayed almost to the point that for a moment i thought it was unresponsive.

I followed your advice and unchecked the "Dont keep activities" option and now all things seem to be working fine.

Since i am new to Androids (HTC OneX was my first), what i would like to know is what is the default setting for "Dont keep activities". If it was supposed to be checked by default then something is wrong with my phone and the current change is just a workaround, so i would still have to figure out and fix the root cause. If it is supposed to be unchecked by default, then maybe i changed it accidentally, so all fine :) But that makes me wonder why we have such a deadly option in the first place.

12. Gav400

Gav400 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 21, 2010
    I've just checked my settings and this box was unticked. I have never changed the settings so I would say by default it should be unchecked.

13. pickle_fruits

pickle_fruits Lurker
    None

Sep 7, 2012
    this is my frist too n im facing the loading problem. i get the error saying connection timed out when i open play store to get sm aplications for my phone. i hv been trying this for one whole day but nothing worked

14. jesskrel

jesskrel Lurker
    None

Sep 16, 2012
    this was driving me crazy!! thank you!

15. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member
    None

Jun 23, 2012
    Male
    Texas
    The Android OS has been designed to support multitasking since basically version 1.0 (IIRC) so the default option for them would be the standard limit. As to why such an option exists, it's in the developer settings menu for a reason. Sometimes I'd guess developers want to set it up so that their application is the only one running on the phone, to check resource usage or to check for stability .

Tags: