1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

HELP! My internet does not work unless wireless is on?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by razorrae, Sep 27, 2009.

1. razorrae

razorrae New Member

Sep 27, 2009
    Hi i am reletively new to this but have now succesfully updated and backed up my hero a few times. I;m not sure whether this problem is due to a rom upgrade or me just being stupid but i cannot connect to the internet on my orange hero unless im hooked up to my home wireless? when i go to use the internet without wireless on i get the message "web page not available. check to make sure your device has a signal and data connection.reload this web page later. view a cached copy of the web page from google? im assuming its a problem with my settings but dont know how to sort the prob out. thanks for reading i hope you can help. Rae

Advertisement

2. Slug

Slug Check six!

Aug 1, 2009
    Male
    Mobile phone retail
    Inverness, UK
    Your handset's APN settings are probably wrong or missing. Check Settings - Wireless controls - Mobile network settings - Access Point Names.

3. malbon

malbon Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2009
    Do you have a mobile widget ? Switch it on ! Fwiw I had to call orange to re do my settings

4. Edbanger

Edbanger Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    I had the same problem yesterday. i called orange, they manually went through some settings with me, and it worked a treat. you do need to turn your wifi off tho, as you cant connect to two things at the same time.

5. razorrae

razorrae New Member

Sep 27, 2009
    i love you guys thanks alot i just went to the apn thing and restored default as the apn settings were blank. Thank you so much for your help. Also as you guys are obviously geniuses i have uploaded a update.zip rom but it didnt have the "aerial" upgrade what is this and is it worth doing?

Tags: