• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help :( my notification bar is gone!

Mikeylos

Lurker
Mar 13, 2012
Hey everyone, all of a sudden my notification bar ( the top bar that displays missing calls/new messages/ the time) is disappearing within 5-10 minutes of turning on the phone. Everytime i reset the phone it shows up for a few mins and then boom gone again. And also now when i get phone calls it rings but doesnt pop up that someones calling so I just see the home screen with no option to answer the call :(. Please help if everyone has a suggestion how to fix these issues. I have not downloaded any apps or made any modifications to the phone ( i wouldnt know how). This is a replacement phone but I have had it for more than 2 months. The only new app on my phone showed up by itself today it was google play replacing the old app store by itself. Thanks

Mikeylos
i havr the same problem on my motorola atrix. It has something to do with the new update from android. I even went to the at&t store and they gave me two brand new phones and within a minute the exact same problem. So not your phpne thats bad. The att place said they cant fix it or gove me a differreent phone...just wait it out til they fox the update. :( did find put you can press your phone/contact icon (the one you press tp make a call) when the phone is ringing and the person calling you has their name pop up like normal.
Let me know if you find out anything to fix it. They also rebooted my phone 10is times at the store and np help. They had no clue what to do

Upvote 0
Mikeylos
i havr the same problem on my motorola atrix. It has something to do with the new update from android. I even went to the at&t store and they gave me two brand new phones and within a minute the exact same problem. So not your phpne thats bad. The att place said they cant fix it or gove me a differreent phone...just wait it out til they fox the update. :( did find put you can press your phone/contact icon (the one you press tp make a call) when the phone is ringing and the person calling you has their name pop up like normal.
Let me know if you find out anything to fix it. They also rebooted my phone 10is times at the store and np help. They had no clue what to do

Did you ever figure out how to fix this? My phone just did the same thing after I did a corporate sync..

I had to factory reset it, Have not had a problem since i did it. Sucks but backed up my pictures and videos before hand. Actually runs a lot better now that i reset it.

Upvote 0
I don't know why mine disappeared, i turned it off and on and off and on but nothing changed. However: when holding the power button for 3 seconds it comes up with a choice of 3 options "turn off" "airplane mode" or "restart." Instead of turning off and then back on, I tried "restart" and then it fixed the missing bar. I only did it a few minutes ago so i don't know if the bar will disappear again. but it is working for now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones