1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help my phone has TANKED!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lawre, Jan 15, 2021.

1. lawre

lawre Lurker

I've looked everywhere and I can't find no help. im having a issue with my phone, i was playing music i download and all of a sudden my phone restarted itself. upon reloading it it's not unlocking. i can type 2 digits in and it says incorrect password. if i type my pin or a random combination of 4-6 digits the screen flashes black and goes back to unlock like nothing ever happened? i cant unlock via samsung as it says there was a problem and i cant check anything has been hacked because i cant access messages to reach my two step verfication. someone please help with a fix? it's driving me insane. i cant even turn off the phone. only soft reset which i can't access the Recovery mode.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. lawre

lawre Lurker

I've had a look and it seems it's the exact same issue as the pixel lockscreen loop bug

3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

the only thing i can think of is try to flash a stock firmware from sammobile. but you will need to be able to boot into download mode. and i just want to verify that you can't get into recovery mode correct? what happens when you try?

ironass likes this.
  4. lawre

lawre Lurker

i haven't tried recovery mode yet, but my phone has just died so im going to try now but should be able to access it

5. ocnbrze

if you can get to recovery you can to do a factory reset. but before warned. you will trip frp.....so make sure that you know your google acct info (email and password used originally on the phone) also you will lose data as well, but at least you will hopefully have a working phone.

6. lawre

lawre Lurker

Anyway of saving a backup of my phone beforehand? not everything is saved to SD card but i'm in recovery mode now

7. ocnbrze

nope unfortunately. if you can boot up normally then yes. but from the sounds of it, you can't.......so.....just make sure that you know your login credentials for your google account because you will trip FRP(Factory Reset Protection) when you factory reset your device.

ironass likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G release date is 02 October. Features and Specs include a 6.5" inch screen, 12MP camera, 6/8GB RAM, Snapdragon 865 processor, and 4500mAh battery.

02 October
Release Date
Reviews