1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Help , My phone wont turn on at all

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Timdevnz, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Timdevnz

Timdevnz Lurker
    None

Dec 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Hi

I am concerned because my phone wont turn on , I flashed it with kernal using odin , It was one of the chainfire ones . Everything went fine and odin said it passed . Downloaded the Omega I9100 v18 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 and copied it to the phones internal memory . booted it into CMW and followed the guide on the omega page . I installed it from the internal memory . It looked all good . Asked me if I want a full wipe or not delete my files , I then selected custom install and selected what I wanted installed . It then did a few things and said installing and I left it . I came back 10 mins later and the screen was black so I guessed it had finished . I tryed turning it on and no luck . I have done a soft reset and hard reset . Tryed booting into cmw or download mode and tryed connecting it to odin . Its dead as . I have no idea what what wrong . As I followed the guide and everything seemed good . I have flashed my GS3 with a custom rom and I had no problems .

Can anyone offer me any advice on what the heck gone wrong . ??

The phones was a Galaxy s2 international . Running on smartone Hong Kong .
    Thanks heaps

Advertisement

2. sntaylor

sntaylor Android Expert
    None

Jan 20, 2012
    Male
    Ayrshire, scotland
    sounds silly, but when you say you left it etc.... is it possible the battery has run flat during the flashing proccess? its amazing how quickly that can actually happen sometimes if the fuel chip needs reset!

3. ironass

ironass Android Expert

Aug 17, 2010
    Male
    Keeping one step ahead of the tax man.
    Cotswolds, England
    There are too many variables in your scenario to make an accurate assessment of what could have gone wrong.

As sntaylor states, it could well be that your phone is in fact dead because of a flat battery.

Alternatively, there are a number of other reasons that could have caused this.

This useful thread, here, covers a number of ways of re-starting a dead phone.