1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

HELP: my screen is WIGGING OUT!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jordansaweirdo, Jun 24, 2010.

1. jordansaweirdo

jordansaweirdo Active Member

Feb 14, 2010
    I think my phone is possesed. I haven't updated and am running the older Fresh (1.1 or 1.5 i forget).

Anywho my screen pretty much has a mind of it's own. If i'm on the home screen(s) it slides around randomly and opens things i didnt even press. If i'm on dolphin it resizes the page (zoom) constantly in and out in and out.

I tried searching & googling to no avail. Has anyone else had this happen? I dont have many apps. Just a few basic ones that were mentioned as trusted on this site. No task killers either.

Advertisement

2. JB in AZ

JB in AZ Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Florida
    Have you tried rebooting? You didn't mention it.

3. jordansaweirdo

jordansaweirdo Active Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Yup. Rebooted several times. Now it barely lets me into the phone when i have to unlock it. It messes my pattern up. Phone has never been wet. i dunno whats wrong.

4. JB in AZ

JB in AZ Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Florida
    I figured you had, but felt it was worth mentioning. How about a battery pull, let it sit for 3 minutes with the battery out. Beyond that, the only other things I can think of would be either try a factory reset, or head to the Sprint store.

You could try to restore from a nandroid backup.

5. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    BAMF
    Texas
    Take that back to sprint, can't see them not replacing it after what you've described.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

6. chawski

chawski Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    youre gonna need to refresh back to stock (1.5 or 2.1) if you bring it to sprint with hopes of a replacement.

7. joseamirandavelez

joseamirandavelez Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Mechanical Engineer
    Puerto Rico
    Are you using a cheap charger? Check the output voltage. If it is less than 5 volts don't use it... I broke a phone with a cheap USB charger. I actually made a video of it acting out...

How I figured this out? When Sprint replaced my phone with a refurbished one I used the same charger. As soon as I connected it the phone started its poltergeist... again

This video was taken after the screen was damaged (it was not responding correctly to slides to the sides)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ORe2rjWt7A

Tags: