• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HELP: my screen is WIGGING OUT!

I think my phone is possesed. I haven't updated and am running the older Fresh (1.1 or 1.5 i forget).

Anywho my screen pretty much has a mind of it's own. If i'm on the home screen(s) it slides around randomly and opens things i didnt even press. If i'm on dolphin it resizes the page (zoom) constantly in and out in and out.

I tried searching & googling to no avail. Has anyone else had this happen? I dont have many apps. Just a few basic ones that were mentioned as trusted on this site. No task killers either.

I think my phone is possesed. I haven't updated and am running the older Fresh (1.1 or 1.5 i forget).

Anywho my screen pretty much has a mind of it's own. If i'm on the home screen(s) it slides around randomly and opens things i didnt even press. If i'm on dolphin it resizes the page (zoom) constantly in and out in and out.

I tried searching & googling to no avail. Has anyone else had this happen? I dont have many apps. Just a few basic ones that were mentioned as trusted on this site. No task killers either.
Have you tried rebooting? You didn't mention it.

Upvote 0
Yup. Rebooted several times. Now it barely lets me into the phone when i have to unlock it. It messes my pattern up. Phone has never been wet. i dunno whats wrong.
I figured you had, but felt it was worth mentioning. How about a battery pull, let it sit for 3 minutes with the battery out. Beyond that, the only other things I can think of would be either try a factory reset, or head to the Sprint store.

You could try to restore from a nandroid backup.

Upvote 0
Are you using a cheap charger? Check the output voltage. If it is less than 5 volts don't use it... I broke a phone with a cheap USB charger. I actually made a video of it acting out...

How I figured this out? When Sprint replaced my phone with a refurbished one I used the same charger. As soon as I connected it the phone started its poltergeist... again

This video was taken after the screen was damaged (it was not responding correctly to slides to the sides)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ORe2rjWt7A

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones