• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help! My software's been updating for about 12 hours now. How Do I Stop It?

Can you plug it in long enough to get any sort of charge? If not, maybe your battery is hosed?
It's been plugged in for 6 hours now. The battery has never been an issue before the apps started updating. I can't get to the list to stop them and the darn thing won't stop updating. My fault for allowing auto updating. I'm at the point were I'm might have to take it Verizon, would hate to though.

Upvote 0
Same way as you did for clearing data on the market app itself. If you haven't actually done that, do it first and see if that helps:

Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications >"All" tab > Market > Clear Data

If that doesn't work, try doing the same for Google Services Framework. Then I would pull the battery for a few minutes. Reinsert, boot up and see what's going on. If all that fails, I'd probably factory reset unless somebody comes up with some new ideas. I'm fresh out.

Upvote 0
I made the boneheaded mistake of hitting "update all" on my notification, and my phone's been updating for darn near 12 hours now. How can I stop this?

I even took the battery out, but I when I put it back in, it just picks up where it left off.

The same thing happened to me about the same time (about 10 days ago). I kept getting into the Market app long enough to cancel one download at a time and it finally stabilized. I then rebooted and everything with the market seems to be back to normal.

Reactions: mwjr
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones