• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help...my wallpaper wont change...

For some reason my wallpaper on my phone will not change. I have a htc incredible of course...it started last night. I dont know what happened. When I try to put a different wallpaper it doesnt change, it stays on the htc default with the colored rainbow bubbles...UNTIL I reboot my phone and then it goes to the background that I choose before I rebooted my phone. Does anyone know what could have caused this? OR what I can do to fix it..it is so annoying. I really dont want to have to reset my phone back to factory settings...I would hate to loose all my downloaded apps and photos and things. :(:(

Mine occasionally gets weird and doesn't want to change walls - it usually helps to try a bunch of different ones (try live as well as static ones, and stock as well as downloaded ones) until one works. Then I can usually change to the one I want without further trouble. Not sure if that will help but it might be worth a try. Also, if you're storing them on your card, maybe it's a card issue. Alternatively, perhaps a battery pull would help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones