1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help ... Mystery beep in Note 10.1

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mfraoul, Jan 5, 2014.

1. mfraoul

mfraoul Lurker

My Note 10.1 starts beeping at 6:00 AM. Beeping lasts for 1 minute. Have checked and cancelled all alarms. This began about a week ago. Have been enjoying this tablet for about a year without incident. This beep is not the sound I use for "notifications". What might be causing these early morning wake ups? It even occurs when the device is turned off.
    Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks ... M :mad:

2. AshtonDurkhun

AshtonDurkhun Member

The fact it happens regularly makes me wonder if it's an app checking for updates. Be sure all your apps are up to date and try killing everything non-system in the task-manager before 6am and see if it still beeps.

3. mfraoul

mfraoul Lurker

Thanks Ashton, Yesterday I changed the time on the device clock and waited for it to reach 6:00 am ... no beeps when it reached the artificial 6 am. This morning at the "real" 6 am the beeps started, with the system on "phony" time. The notification sound was turned to silent and the device was off. This tells me the trigger may be external to my device.

Tonight I'm going to turn off wifi when I go to bed to see what happens.
    There are two apps from Samsung that appear to need updating ... but they're not installed on my device.
    Maybe you're onto something ... I'll see what happens in the morning with wifi off ... maybe I'll put it on Airplane mode to kill any external stimulus.
    ... Onward through the fog ...