1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Help! Need to keep screen awake during calls!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by streetmusician, Sep 18, 2011.

1. streetmusician

None

Dec 13, 2010
    I have a rooted desire and my proximity sensor seems to be faulty; every time I make a call or someone calls me the screen will blackout before I can do anything. I can still hear and talk to the caller at the other end but I can't get my screen to wake up. The only way this happens is if the caller on the other end hangs up (which means that if they don't or no one answers I have to pull the battery to wake it up).

This wasn't a problem with the miui-au roms, as they had a setting that allowed me to disable the proximity sensor and use the power button to turn of the screen during a call, but now that I've moved to the AceSMod007 sense rom I can't do this anymore.

I've tried numerous apps (screebl, shake awake, screen on etc.), but none of them seem to be able to keep my screen awake during a call. I've tried hoovering my desire's sensor but that didn't work either. Right now all I want is for the screen to stay active during a call by bypassing the proximity sensor; I don't really care if I am likely to press a button with my cheek during a call.

Does anyone know how to do this? I can't really give it back to the manufacturer because its rooted and its a pain to unroot and lose all my data. Thanks!

Advertisement

2. amlothi

amlothi Android Expert
    None

Jul 23, 2010
    On my phone, if I press the power button when on a call, the screen comes back on.

3. streetmusician

None

Dec 13, 2010
    Nope it doesn't work on mine, no button I press wakes it up while its in a call, except pulling the battery. Thanks anyway.

4. amlothi

amlothi Android Expert
    None

Jul 23, 2010
Tags: