• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HELP! Need to reinstall amazon mp3 to /system

The adb commands are

adb remount
adb push "whatever the amazon.apk name is" /system/app
adb reboot

Make sure the apk is in your tools folder

Or you can just save it to your sd card and move it to system/app using File explorer

Tried using Linda File Manager and got denied.

As for the other commands, can I do this through terminal emulator or do I need adb? What exactly does remount do anyway? And will push MOVE the file or copy it?

Thanks for your help!

Upvote 0
Tried using Linda File Manager and got denied.

As for the other commands, can I do this through terminal emulator or do I need adb? What exactly does remount do anyway? And will push MOVE the file or copy it?

Thanks for your help!

Yea, you can do it thru terminal emulator

commands are ...

su
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
cd /system/app
mv amazon.apk amazon.bak
cat /sdcard/amazon.apk > /system/app/amazon.apk
sync
mount -o remount,r -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system

adb remount is just a quicker way to get read/write access, instead of doing the "mount -o remount" mumbo jumbo

Also you need root explorer or any other file explorer that has su permission.

Upvote 0
Yea, you can do it thru terminal emulator

commands are ...

su
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
cd /system/app
mv amazon.apk amazon.bak
cat /sdcard/amazon.apk > /system/app/amazon.apk
sync
mount -o remount,r -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system

adb remount is just a quicker way to get read/write access, instead of doing the "mount -o remount" mumbo jumbo

Also you need root explorer or any other file explorer that has su permission.

Awesome, thank you!

Upvote 0
I wonder if i wiped my wifes old mytouch and then saved a backup file if i could then email it to you as an attachment and you could load that backup on your phone? I dont see why that wouldnt work...

If you did it through titantium backup it might work! I thought about SAPPIMGing my phone just so I could get that backup, lol.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones