1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Help! need to transfer text msgs from broken evo

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Kelltek, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Kelltek

Kelltek New Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Broke the screen on my evo today, i know that the memory card will transfer some data but i want to make sure i can transfer all data. how do i do this? the usb cable that came with the phone is not working when i hook it up to the computer (it may be bad) so im going to the store tomorrow. but if the cable does not allow the transfer, what can i do???

thx.

Advertisement

2. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Cary, NC
    If the screen and the port are both broken then nothing can be done... Unless you used a backup program before upgrading to froyo.

3. Kelltek

Kelltek New Member

Aug 9, 2010
    hmm.. i dont think the port is damaged. it allows me to charge but i have to move the cable around.... its been that way for a few weeks. i assumed the cable was bad and just had not replaced it yet. I was also thinking i would have the phone repaired, a new screen put on. is this something i can do myself?

4. Starfleet Captain

Starfleet Captain Well-Known Member

May 30, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    There is an app that you can download that saves all your txt (not MMS messages though) to gmail. I forget the name, but I doubt you can restore those texts to another device. At least they will be in your gmail and be search-able.