• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help! need to transfer text msgs from broken evo

Kelltek

Lurker
Aug 9, 2010
Broke the screen on my evo today, i know that the memory card will transfer some data but i want to make sure i can transfer all data. how do i do this? the usb cable that came with the phone is not working when i hook it up to the computer (it may be bad) so im going to the store tomorrow. but if the cable does not allow the transfer, what can i do???

thx.

Broke the screen on my evo today, i know that the memory card will transfer some data but i want to make sure i can transfer all data. how do i do this? the usb cable that came with the phone is not working when i hook it up to the computer (it may be bad) so im going to the store tomorrow. but if the cable does not allow the transfer, what can i do???

thx.

If the screen and the port are both broken then nothing can be done... Unless you used a backup program before upgrading to froyo.

Upvote 0
hmm.. i dont think the port is damaged. it allows me to charge but i have to move the cable around.... its been that way for a few weeks. i assumed the cable was bad and just had not replaced it yet. I was also thinking i would have the phone repaired, a new screen put on. is this something i can do myself?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones