1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help needed as phone crashes every 30mins or so of unactivity

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by garysri, May 21, 2011.

1. garysri

garysri Newbie

I got my new gt540 a couple of weeks ago and after trying the lg updater it got stuck at the boot screen so i used the KDZ installer to install the 2.1 orange firmware (it is an orange supplied phone) - thanks for the info btw

Now i dont know what the problem is as i never actually got the chance to use the original firmware as i used the lg updater almost as soon as i got the phone out of the box (silly i know) but if i leave the phone alone for 30mins or so it crashes, but if i do anything on the phone within the 30 min time it doesnt crash and will stay active just fine.

Im assuming its a crash as the only way to turn the phone back on is to remove the battery and put it back in and it starts up perfectly and works perfectly until i leave it alone for 30mins or so.

Ive tried uninstalling some apps to rectify the situation, but i think its been doing it since i got the phone, but early on i was blaming it on the battery rather than phone itself as i wasnt used to the reduced battery life compared to my old phone.

I was going to upgrade to 2.3 to see if that solves it but any help would be appreciated incase its a more serious problem

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kurtle005

kurtle005 Newbie

Contact where you bought the phone from or ring lg if you can find the number.

It could be both a software or hardware problem. I guess updating to a newer version of android might fix it if its a software problem, its worth a try.

Good luck mate.

garysri likes this.
  3. garysri

garysri Newbie

just installed the 2.3firmware see what happens i'll let you know.

Thanks.

4. mayooresan

mayooresan Well-Known Member

:cool: wot happened?

5. garysri

garysri Newbie

seems to be working but i'll let you know if it starts playing up

6. garysri

garysri Newbie

Well its lasted all last night and all day at work so i guess its fixed, just need to get used to the new firmware.

7. Nirob

Nirob Android Enthusiast

Enjoy! :D

LG Optimus (GT540) Forum

The LG Optimus (GT540) release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.0" inch screen, 3MP camera, 156GB RAM, processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews