• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help NEEDED ASAP! to Install the Orignal Stock

jay12332

Lurker
Jul 17, 2013
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2381403&page=1So Im a noob and I need help. I was able to root my HtcOneSv successfully and we I download the apk to Pimp my beats and Some Dolby Mobile sound enhancer well it ended up disabling the sound so I tryed fixing it and unistalling it but it didn't work. Some where in the mix I end up deleting the orginal stock rom backup that I created. So I went to Xda developers posted a thread and some one posted a link with a Clean Cricket Htc One SV Nandroid (2.04.1050.3) so I unrar.ed the file and moved it onto my sd card(It had a CWM backup in it) So i went ahead did the back up and stuff and this is what it said
Erasing boot before restore...
restoring boot img...
restoring system...
restoring data...
.android_secure.img not found. skipping restore of /sdcard/ .android_secure.
Restoring cache...
Restore complete

So then I powered off my phone and rebooted it but it went to the HTC quietly Brilliant screen with the red lettering warning and it just stays there.
So what do I do?Im unable to use it because it doesn't load to the home screen with the lock. Im trying to Reinstall The ORIGNAL stock rom and once I get my phone to boot up I want to Relock My BootLocker and un root it. I need help Fast Ive been trying to do it for almost 2 weeks now and Haven't been successful. Please reply please:) I am on K2_PLC_CL I am LTE on CricketWireless

So Im a noob and I need help. I was able to root my HtcOneSv successfully and we I download the apk to Pimp my beats and Some Dolby Mobile sound enhancer well it ended up disabling the sound so I tryed fixing it and unistalling it but it didn't work. Some where in the mix I end up deleting the orginal stock rom backup that I created. So I went to Xda developers posted a thread and some one posted a link with a Clean Cricket Htc One SV Nandroid (2.04.1050.3) so I unrar.ed the file and moved it onto my sd card(It had a CWM backup in it) So i went ahead did the back up and stuff and this is what it said
Erasing boot before restore...
restoring boot img...
restoring system...
restoring data...
.android_secure.img not found. skipping restore of /sdcard/ .android_secure.
Restoring cache...
Restore complete

So then I powered off my phone and rebooted it but it went to the HTC quietly Brilliant screen with the red lettering warning and it just stays there.
So what do I do?Im unable to use it because it doesn't load to the home screen with the lock. Im trying to Reinstall The ORIGNAL stock rom and once I get my phone to boot up I want to Relock My BootLocker and un root it. I need help Fast Ive been trying to do it for almost 2 weeks now and Haven't been successful. Please reply please:) I am on K2_PLC_CL I am LTE on CricketWireless

I'm not sure those mods were suppose to be foe our phone I think those are for the HTC One X

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: jay12332
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
what version of android did u have before flashing the clean jb nandroid? boot into hboot and see what version hboot the phone running. when I used to restored with the nandroid I would start by wiping data/cache then wipe cache then wipe dalvik cache in advanced tab thru cwm recovery. then restore nandroid and fix permissions at the end. fix permissions is also under advanced in cwm recovery. did u wipe dalvik cache? that maybe why ur stuck at splash screen

Upvote 0
what version of android did u have before flashing the clean jb nandroid? boot into hboot and see what version hboot the phone running. when I used to restored with the nandroid I would start by wiping /cache then wipe cache then wipe dalvik cache in advanced tab thru cwm . then restore nandroid and fix permissions at the end. fix permissions is also under advanced in cwm . did u wipe dalvik cache? that maybe why ur stuck at splash screen

The phone came with ICS but then had an update for jellybean so that what It had before the nanadroid. and no i don't recall wiping the dalvik cache? I will try that thanks:) Next to my Hboot it says 2.00.0000 if thats what your asking.

Upvote 0
The phone came with ICS but then had ainto update for jellybean so that what It had before the nanadroid. and no i don't recall wiping the dalvik cache? I will try that thanks:) Next to my Hboot it says 2.00.0000 if thats what your asking.

ok the clean jb nandroid will work with ur phone. first boot into cwm recovery. use the one I posted at xda for the k2plccl for u. wipe data/cache, wipe cache and go to advanced and wipe dalvik cache. now restore clean jb nandroid zip remember to unzip and place clockworkmod folder on root of sd card. after restore is complete go to advanced again and fix permissions. now reboot and wait. now ur phone should be stock jb. as for bringing phone to "locked" with no "tampered" banner. idk if its possible. try searching xda again. I believe I read a thread about that from jmz, but u will need to be s-off supercid. maybe possible with moonshine s-off. goodluck

Upvote 0
ok the clean jb nandroid will work with ur phone. first boot into cwm recovery. use the one I posted at xda for the k2plccl for u. wipe data/cache, wipe cache and go to advanced and wipe dalvik cache. now restore clean jb nandroid zip remember to unzip and place clockworkmod folder on root of sd card. after restore is complete go to advanced again and fix permissions. now reboot and wait. now ur phone should be stock jb. as for bringing phone to "locked" with no "tampered" banner. idk if its possible. try searching xda again. I believe I read a thread about that from jmz, but u will need to be s-off supercid. maybe possible with moonshine s-off. goodluck
Thanks man even though these other guys stopped it means a lot :)

Upvote 0
okay buddy so this is what i did I booted in recovery I wiped the data/factory reset next wiped the cache partition then went to advanced and wiped the dilvik cache when I did the dilvik cache wipe it said cache wipe completed then unde that it said E:unknown volume for path [/sd-ext] idk if that means anything. Then after that I went to the backup and restore selected restore then selected that nandroid you gave me and clicked restore. Everything is done successfully Except it says on the screen .android_secure.img not found. skipping restore of /sdcard/.android_secure. then it say restoring cache...
Restore complete so I that means anything too. Then once that restore is done i went to advance and clicked fix permission and that is done successfully. then I clicked reboot system now and then it boots up to that HTC quietly brilliant and stays there. Thats exactly what I did so did I do something wrong? Now what do I do? I know its a lot Im realy greatful for your help and all thanks so much. If I could pay you I would.

Upvote 0
okay buddy so this is what i did I booted in recovery I wiped the data/factory reset next wiped the cache partition then went to advanced and wiped the dilvik cache when I did the dilvik cache wipe it said cache wipe completed then unde that it said E:unknown volume for path [/sd-ext] idk if that means anything. Then after that I went to the backup and restore selected restore then selected that nandroid you gave me and clicked restore. Everything is done successfully Except it says on the screen .android_secure.img not found. skipping restore of /sdcard/.android_secure. then it say restoring cache...
Restore complete so I that means anything too. Then once that restore is done i went to advance and clicked fix permission and that is done successfully. then I clicked reboot system now and then it boots up to that HTC quietly brilliant and stays there. Thats exactly what I did so did I do something wrong? Now what do I do? I know its a lot Im realy greatful for your help and all thanks so much. If I could pay you I would.

If you flashed it right then it should boot right up and be ready to use.

Upvote 0
I would hate to bother you but how do I Flash it Correctly? like steps and stuff please and thanks :) The only thing i flashed was the new Cwm that some one gave me a link to my phone to get the proper cwm thats it and it worked.

Okay to flash a recovery you don't need to boot into cwm, you can boot into fastboot then pick fastboot with your USB plugged in it should say fastboot USB, then you'd open a command prompt or shell ...assuming your in Windows go to

Start...>Run...type in cmd and press enter (you need to be an administratior for this) then you'd need to navigate where your recovery image is located. If you stuck it on the desktop You would type cd.. twice to get to the C: drive

You need to have the adb files in with the recovery to use adb.

In the command prompt type in cd users cd your account name cd desktop and the folder its in so cd new folder

You should be in the directory where your stock recovery image is and the adb files. The type fastboot flash recovery recovery.img ..once its flashed you need to relock the bootloader type in fastboot oem lock

I think its

Reactions: ironhide602
Upvote 0

try flashing boot.img from the nandroid thru fastboot. go to bootloader and in cmd prompt type "fastboot flash boot boot.img" make sure to place boot.img in ur adb/fastboot folder on ur computer. or u can try flashing the JB OTA from cricket in cwm recovery. install zip option. make sure to place ota zip on sd card using a card reader or try mounting sdcard in cwm to transfer ota zip

Upvote 0
try flashing boot.img from the nandroid thru fastboot. go to bootloader and in cmd prompt type "fastboot flash boot boot.img" make sure to place boot.img in ur adb/fastboot folder on ur computer. or u can try flashing the JB OTA from cricket in cwm recovery. install zip option. make sure to place ota zip on sd card using a card reader or try mounting sdcard in cwm to transfer ota zip
Thanks so much man it worked :) does that nandroid install the original kernal?

Upvote 0
He wants to return for warranty. But he is scared to flash a (or my?) rom i made for cricket. I already deleted the root app & binary for him and told him to flash the rom 5 days ago. The phone could be sent back already for some days.

His warrant is already voided once you unlock the bootloader anyway.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones