• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help needed badly with my Lg G2X

simplydana

Jan 14, 2012
I have had this phone for almost 2 months now. I bought it over the internet through t-mobile the rep said I had the ins. come to find out when I got my first bill she never added it on. T mobile states its to late! Problems that I am having with my phone: It keeps locking up, It reboots by its self, It wont Tether, The blue tooth wont work, Voice mail just started working out of the blue, Battery life might last 4 hours with hardly any use, Touch screen freezes well I guess that's a start. Any one know how to fix any of these issues???? Please Help if you can. I'm Desperate. A.S.A.P.
Thanks

I had an LG G2x for the longest time, and I think I know what can help. First off, I too have been screwed by T-Mobile, but it happens. Since they are saying you do not have insurance, it doesn't hurt to root it to solve these problems you are having.

But first, call them and demand a new phone with your phone's manufacturer's warranty. That issue is not self inflicted and if you have only had it for 2 months, it shouldn't be too late.

If that doesn't work, head over to the All Things Root section for the G2x (linked by the guy above), and find guides on rooting. You have an OS problem that wont go away without switching and modifying them.

Upvote 0
I have had this phone for almost 2 months now. I bought it over the internet through t-mobile the rep said I had the ins. come to find out when I got my first bill she never added it on. T mobile states its to late! Problems that I am having with my phone: It keeps locking up, It reboots by its self, It wont Tether, The blue tooth wont work, Voice mail just started working out of the blue, Battery life might last 4 hours with hardly any use, Touch screen freezes well I guess that's a start. Any one know how to fix any of these issues???? Please Help if you can. I'm Desperate. A.S.A.P.
Thanks
Hello and welcome to the forums. Sorry to hear about the problems you're having. You can get it fixed through the phone manufacture one year warranty. You should not delay on doing this.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your Reply! Tmobile sent me another LG G2X and its doing alot of the same things plus gets very hot. I hate this phone I have spoken with the manager etc. and they will send me another one again of course refurbished even though I paid 500.00 bucks for my first one. Anyway T mobile finally agreed on sending me a different phone. The only one they can exchange for the G2X is a Samsung ExhibitII is this a good phone? Its not a dual processor like the G2X. What is your opinion? Ive also been told that it would be better just to root my G2X and it would solve all my problems is this true? I do know that if I root it I lose my warranty. HELP QIUCKLY PLEASE!

Upvote 0
Thank You for your answer. How would you modify the phone? Can I do that myself? Will it void my warranty. Personal opion do you think I should get another G2X or the Samsung Exhibit II? Im sure the G2X is a better phone and I love it all but all the problems but I use my phone for my business and I need something reliable. Is the Samsung crap?
Please Respond soon.
Thanks
Dana

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones