1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Help needed by granny!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by LynneR0208, Nov 2, 2011.

1. LynneR0208

LynneR0208 Lurker
    None

Nov 2, 2011
    Hello all I have just got Galaxy ace, love it but can't get onto internet. I have wifi with BT hub but when I try to connect it tells me that its secured or its too far away even when I am standing right next to the hub. If I use mobile AP setting will it cost me more?

As i am a granny and not used to this kind of thing any help in easy to understand language would be much appreciated :thinking::eek:

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Welcome to AF! :)

If you press Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> WiFi Settings, you should see the name of the BT HUB listed. If you press it, it should bring up a box with a few options, if you hit connect, it should give you the option to enter the password?

If not, let me know and we can take it from there.

3. chismay

chismay Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 24, 2011
    ASSISTANT HEAD CHEF
    LONDON
    for getting your wireless network password , if you have the new bt hub it should have a pull out tab on the top of the hub it has your wireless key and admin password on it.

i will also provide help, should El Presidente be busy that is :)

android AP. this is allow your computer to connect to your android phone and use its 3g connection as a internet-wireless-modem (like your bt hub) its a great feature especially on those nights when bt goes down . (go to pc, search wireless networks, click androidap......your online!

but it will cost you your normal data rate. if on 3g you should do what i do:

get

El Presidente likes this.