1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Help needed, confused lol.

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by James L, Sep 5, 2016.

1. James L

James L Android Expert

Dec 29, 2014
    Male
    Owner root-android-easy.com
    Peoria Il
    After doing a developer edition conversion on a M8 international phone. I'm having issues.
    The client stated that he gets error messages on the phone such as System has stopped responding., a
    This shouldn't be an issue after a factory reset.

The phone was 4.4.4 and S off it's now 6.0 and S off.
    He cannot seem to access the bootloader screen to get to the factory reset options and i cannot run adb reboot bootloader as USB debugging is not enabled.... The device currently has a stock recovery as it was updated via a TWRP backup, and then the boot.emmc.win and the stock recovery was flashed. This allowed for it to update via the normal OTA so 3 small updates then the MM update.

Any ideas to force it into bootloader mode is appreciated. Hopefully he will be able to get into the bootloader mode or enable usb debugging s i can do so. It may just be he's tired as it's 2:18 am in the U.K. and i'm in Illinois. The device will be rooted and have a systemless boot.img flashed and TWRP, SuperSU once it's done lol.

I did try and run a RUU to see if it would detect it and put the device into the bootloader so i could access the factory reset option. I didn't think it would work but worth a try.

Advertisement

2. Bg260

Bg260  
    VIP Member

Apr 30, 2016
    Male
    Freelance Entrepreneur
    Lincoln
    Don't have much to offer except, sometimes it's difficult for me to boot into recovery or download when I'm in a panic. The fix is always the same. Put it down,take a deep breath and rethink.
    If that's what you we're alluding to.
    Fastboot is there sonewhere.

James L likes this.
  3. James L

James L Android Expert

Dec 29, 2014
    Male
    Peoria Il
    Exactly m
    Exactly my thoughts as well. If i had physical possession of the device i could get it to do what i need but unfortunately that's not the case. Teamviewer is still great though.

4. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary

Mar 5, 2010
    Male
    space alien ;)
    Indy
    Man, James, it's been forever since I've "played" with my one / first / only HTC device (2009 Droid Eris), but I'm assuming the client's tried the manual key-sequence method (Google tells me that's power & volume-down) for bootloader/fastboot mode?

I wouldn't mention it but I don't see it mentioned above...

James L likes this.
  5. James L

James L Android Expert

Dec 29, 2014
    Male
    Peoria Il
    I'm going to assume the client tried that. I told him different ways such as volume up and power until it goes off then hold let go and hold volume down when it goes to the black screen & or turn the phone off and then hold volume down and power. I tried every way i could think of to get him to do it, now if he did or not i can't say for sure as he was more insistent on using a toolkit to do it. Me i can build toolkits but come down to it... I think it's way easier to input the commands into CMD. So i'm not a fan of doing things in a automated fashion.

I want to say it's just fatigue on his end as he is in the U.K. and it was 2:00 am or so there when we decided to try tomorrow. He seems like a trooper and i have a don't give up kinda attitude so one way or another i will be victorious lol.

Bg260 and scary alien like this.
  6. James L

James L Android Expert

Dec 29, 2014
    Male
    Peoria Il
    Hmm a thought and it might work not sure though. I wonder if i could get adb to recognize the device at the splash screen. I only need a split second to type adb reboot bootloader. Just a random thought and a post to make sure i remember to try it lol.

7. James L

James L Android Expert

Dec 29, 2014
    Male
    Peoria Il
    Just checked out your link for your root toolkit very nice!

scary alien likes this.
  8. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary

Mar 5, 2010
    Male
    space alien ;)
    Indy
    Hmm, my experience has been that there's a very brief window that the adb daemon gets started in Android and it's fairly deep into the boot sequence...

You can stack commands in a Linux shell (don't remember the stacking command for DOS/Windows Command Prompt at the moment), but something like this might help for what you have in mind:

$ adb devices # make sure the adb daemon is running on your PC
    $ adb wait-for-device; adb reboot-bootloader

(I'll bet a dollar you already know this, though :))

Thanks for the kind words about my app--much appreciated :)

Bg260 and James L like this.
  9. James L

James L Android Expert

Dec 29, 2014
    Male
    Peoria Il
    I did know those commands but when you over think things you tend to overlook the answer when it's been there all along. You have my wheels of thought turning! I may have to go against my own rules about automation and build a bat file as it would probably catch the correct moment sooner then I could

El Presidente and scary alien like this.
  10. James L

James L Android Expert

Dec 29, 2014
    Male
    Peoria Il
    I just checked my history on my live chat. I received a message from my client and everything is a go.

He has enabled usb debugging and everything is ready once i get home to my laptop.

Heading home from my job and will update the post with whatever errors showed and how to bypass them

scary alien and Hadron like this.
  11. James L

James L Android Expert

Dec 29, 2014
    Male
    Peoria Il
    The phone is now fully updated to 6.0 from 4.4.4 and has root, a systemless boot.img and SuperSU.
    My client pulled a rabbit out of a hat before i got off work. I checked my Zopim dashboard and it showed 2 messages in the history. It was my client and he used SRS root tool to boot into the bootloader from there he factory reset the device and enabled USB debugging.

I have never used that tool but i'm glad it got him into the bootloader. Error messages were system ui has stopped and Google play services has stopped.

So all good news today lol. 2 good things. The root & update was successful and Best Buy emailed me and let me know my order was processed for my new Huawei smart watch. While i'm sure i'll love the new watch i will alternate wearing it and my Moto 360 1st gen that is still running as beautiful as day one.

Thanks to everyone on the forum as you all kick a**

scary alien and Jfalls63 like this.
  12. Aldrin Dran

Aldrin Dran Lurker
    None

Sep 6, 2016
    Male
    Los Angeles, CA
    Dont panic!!! hhehehe..