1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Help needed installing and Running Games on my Android Phone !

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by augustya, Jan 8, 2012.

1. augustya

augustya Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 19, 2010
    Hi Guys,

I have a question and need help regarding downloading games on my Android phone. I wanted to know, Just like in iTunes U have where you can download games directly from iTunes using your computer and the Internet connection you have on your computer and then transfer it to your phone rather than downloading games directly from your phone and using the Data plan from your service provider I was wondering if there's anything in the android market where I can download games from the android market rather than using my network service provider data plan. Like for e.g my problem is I have downloaded Real Racing 2 from the market which it easily got downloaded as it was 2.1 MB But when I try to run the game on my phone it gives me a prompt that this games needs an additional 600 MB * of more data to be downloaded to be able to run it, so please enable your wi-fi connection. Now my problem is i don't have a Wi-fi connection at my home nor do I have access to it anywhere else so how do I download the further needed 600 MB Data for it. I just have a Laptop which has a Internet broadband connection that's it. If somebody here could help me with the APK file for Real Racing 2 and Need for speed-shift that would be just great.

Thanks

Advertisement

2. Dual2thecore

Dual2thecore Member
    None

Jan 3, 2012
    General Contractor
    Can you D/L the app from the market from your computer,transfer the file to your SD card, & then to your droid?
    I used to use this method with my BB since didn't have unlimited data, but since I got my droid i have unlimited data & haven't tried this method.

BTW:
    I'm a noob to androids, so I can't confirm if this works.

3. augustya

augustya Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 19, 2010

Thats what I did, tried to download from Android Market but it downloads only 2.1 MB od te game and then for the rest when you try to run the game on the phone it says it needs an additional 600 MB of data. So it does not have the option to download the entire game including the additional 600 MB data of the game from Android Market.