• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

help needed to remove splash scrren

evsday

Lurker
Apr 29, 2014
I purchased a new unlocked mega and use it on a carrier different from the original carrier which was US Cellular. As I am quite new to all this, can someone walk me step by step through the process of changing the carrier splash screen to a simple unanimated logo? I have no experience so may need help rooting as well.

Try Kingo for rooting, then look for bootanimation tutorials. You'll have to make or find a bootanimation file that you prefer and replace the existing one (for which you have to be rooted). It's really pretty simple if you know how to use something like ES File Manager to copy nd paste files (and rename the original bootanimation file, so you can use it if you mess up with the one you replace it with, don't just overwrite it or delete it).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones