1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Help needed with email & Smart Keyboard

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TheRobster, Sep 27, 2011.

1. TheRobster

TheRobster Member
    None

Sep 12, 2011
    Hi all.
    I am having a minor issue that I hope someone can help me with. Let me explain:

I am currently using the stock email & gmail clients, but I am finding hard to get on with the stock keyboard offerings.
    I therefore downloaded Smart Keyboard which I prefer. However, I have noticed that the auto-capitalization does not always work correctly.
    It correctly works on using SMS, Facebook, Twitter, but does not work during internet use (which is not too much of a problem).
    My problem is with using the stock email clients.
    When entering text, the auto-capitalization works fine in the subject field, but when I move on to the actual body of the email, it does not work at all, which is a real pain, as this is where I will be doing a majority of my typing, and having auto-capitals saves bags of time.
    Interestingly, the feature works OK when I use the gmail client, but I do not like the look/feel of the gmail client and would much prefer to use the stock email client.
    So it appears that the Smart Keyboard app has an issue with the stock email client, so does anyone know how to make auto-capitals work when typing the body of my text? or failing that can you recommend an alternative email client that will work with Smart keyboard and is not going to chew my battery like some I have heard of!

Apologies for the rambling! :)

Regards

Robster

Advertisement