• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Needed With Getting Frodo C64 to Load ROMS

samsmoot

Lurker
Aug 18, 2014
Frodo won't find the C64 ROMS I have installed. I have tried putting them in different folders but no luck. I'm pretty sure they are unzipped - I have a complete ROM set equalling around 4.7 MB plus Thrust on its own - none will load. Thrust is recognised by my PS2 emulator so why Frodo can't see it is mystifying. It will only navigate to the top level folder of the ROMs - Thrust doesn't show up at all. Tried separating the ROMS from the rest of the file but still no luck and it's very frustrating.

I would have thought it wouldn't be too difficult to play a few old games on my Android but it's a lot harder than I expected.

Any help or advice would be great.

Cheers.

First of all I don't know what Thrust is, never heard of that one. Frodo on it's own works just fine, and can navigate to any ROM folder and load ROMs using the menu functions.

Is Thrust some kind of game controller that connects the Android device, and it's working with the PS2 emulator but not Frodo? Is it supposed to work with Frodo? If so, might be worth emailing the devs see what they have to say.

Upvote 0
First of all I don't know what Thrust is, never heard of that one. Frodo on it's own works just fine, and can navigate to any ROM folder and load ROMS using the menu functions.

Is Thrust some kind of game controller that connects the Android device, and it's working with the PS2 emulator but not Frodo? Is it supposed to work with Frodo? If so, might be worth emailing the devs see what they have to say.

Thrust is a C64 game. The PS2 emulator recognises it is there, whereas Frodo won't see it. When trying to navigate to the ROMs I can only get to the top level folder of the App - I think it goes as far as 'C64REN', which contains the rest of the software for the ROMS. I tried separating the ROMS from the rest but still didn't work. Clicking on this folder it won't open - just sticks and I have to exit Frodo.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones