1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help needed with my new MID tablet...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by warrior047, Dec 21, 2011.

1. warrior047

warrior047 Lurker

Hello,
    I bought a new MID smart pad chinese tablet. Runs on Android 2.3.4 and is of A8 cortex. It came pre-loaded with some games and apps.
    It also came with android market app on it. But the problem is I don't have any Wifi connection. Only desktop PC with DSL connection available.

Is there any way I can download the games and apps to my tab via my PC? Please help me as am really unable to get past this!

The Android Market store always says: Your devices is not recognized even when I connect my Tab to PC. How do I add it? Or else any other store like 1mobilemarket and appandroidstore? If so, how to get them please?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Your easiest option is probably get a wifi router. Plug that into the DSL, plug your PC into the router's Ethernet port, and tablet connects via wifi.

3. warrior047

warrior047 Lurker

Which is very much the reason i asked for an alternate way...like moving the apps and games directly from PC to tablet...pls suggest if there is a way of downloading apps and games to PC from market and transferring from there...

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

^^^^^^

TBH I don't think you can do that, download application APKs from the Android Market to your PC, then sideload them into your tablet via USB. The tablet has to be able to communicate with Google via the internet.

Maybe Google doesn't want people downloading APKs to their PCs because of piracy concerns, a form of DRM. People might upload them all to Rapidshare or whatever.

May I ask, is there any reason you can't have a wifi router? It will be much easier. IMO plugging a PC directly into a DSL is not a good idea anyway, simply because a router also works as a hardware firewall. Stops any internet worms trying to attack your computer directly, e.g. Stuxnet and Conficker.

5. warrior047

warrior047 Lurker

Hey bought a wifi-router.
    Got my PC DSL connected to it and got my tab connect to the wifi...but now,
    am getting the below error which is annoying...

This market app says no matching content from android!

Hence tried connecting through website of market.android directly...now The Android Market website on device always says: This item cannot be installed in your device's country.

Am unable to get through this. Some friends say its with my ISP and am confused!

Please help as to how I can connect to the android market and install apps...

6. mikedt

mikedt 你好

OK this suggests that you're in a country where the Market might not be available. Which country are you in? I'm sure Google makes it's decisions on what's available in the Market by your IP address.

Supported locations for free publishers - Android Market for Developer Help

E.g. paid apps and certain free apps, such as Winamp for Android are not available in China, where I am. You said you had a "Chinese tablet", are you in Mainland China? I believe the Market is not available at all in places like Syria, Egypt, UAE, DPRK, Congo, Mongolia and Cuba.

There are alternative sources of free apps though like Appbrain. Where you can download the APKs directly to your PC and sideload them into your tablet. I think the Amazon app store is US only.

7. warrior047

warrior047 Lurker

I am in india. Even the app brain app doesn't install! Pls help...

8. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice

All

There was a post we had to delete that encouraged pirating apps. Just a quick reminder that AF is a proud supporter of the Android platform and it's developers. We encourage you to purchase apps and support the developers as well and wish leave a quick note that we don't allow discussion of illegally obtained apps. :)

Carry on and thanks again guys! :D

El Presidente likes this.
  9. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Trouble with the restricted Market availability, IMO it tends to encourage piracy in those places where the paid Market is NOT available, e.g. India and China. BTW I don't tend to pay for movies, simply because I can't.