1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help needed with new ROM installing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tborske, Feb 4, 2011.

1. tborske

tborske Newbie

I am trying to install Liberty 1.5 and the directions I am following are:

The first step is to make sure that your device is rooted and has Clockworks Recovery installed.
    Download Liberty 1.5 ROM For Droid X from here [Click here for Droid 2] and save the zip file on your PC.
    Now connect your phone to the computer, mount SD card as flash drive and copy the downloaded ROM file to SD Card root.
    Now boot into Clockworks Recovery VIA Clockworks Bootstrap
    Once in the recovery mode, navigate down to Wipe Data / Factory Reset and select this option.
    Once all data is deleted and you are factory reset, hit power button to go back to recovery main menu.
    Now once you are back in recovery main menu, navigate down to Install Zip From SD card and follow onscreen instructions to flash Liberty 1.5 ROM on your handset.
    Once the installation is complete, reboot your device.

1.) How do I mount SD card as flash drive

2.) How do I copy the ROM to the SD Card root?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. rdillz

rdillz Well-Known Member

Just download the Liberty 1.5 straight to your X and skip the pc. Then use Astro, or whatever file manager you use, and move liberty from your download folder to the root of your sdcard.

tborske likes this.
  3. tborske

tborske Newbie

I have astro but could you give me a detailed explanation of how to do that...i am a noob

4. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

1- if you have Droid X Bootstrap by Koush(if thats how you spell his name)(Paid app) then your golden
    2- when you download liberty 1.5 to your pc, connect your phone through usb, use mass storage mode, then copy and paste liberty 1.5 to the root of your sd card (root of sd card is the first screen you look at on your phone, it has all kinds of folders, and other files, just right click on an empty space and paste it into there)
    3- unplug your phone from pc
    4- if you have droid x bootstrap by koush, you can bypass the clockwork recovery, since i have never used clockwork recovery, i can only tell you about how i do it
    5- when you open droid x bootstrap tap the first button Bootstrap Recovery, allow superuser access and wait for the success
    6- now open Rom manager and go down to install rom from sd card
    7- find liberty 1.5 and tap it, then wipe data and cache
    8- and finally enjoy liberty v1.5
    Hope this helps you better understand it
    ^_^

tborske likes this.
  5. tborske

tborske Newbie

When I go to ROM manager for step 6, it says "only premium users may use alternate recoveries with rom manager to flash roms! otherwise you must have clockworkmod recovery installed before continuing. install the recovery through rom manager first

...what do i do

6. rdillz

rdillz Well-Known Member

Just reboot to recovery using the bootstrap app. Then continue with the instructions.

tborske likes this.
  7. VoidedSaint

see i paid for both of them considering they put in the work to save us some trouble, its like 1.99 or soemthing like that for premium version not sure exactly, but its well worth it, once you get the premium version, if you decide to get it, its very much so worth it, and it will go with you to every other android phone you will ever have ^_^

tborske likes this.
  8. tborske

tborske Newbie

Thanks guys

9. VoidedSaint

no problem bud ^_^

10. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

I haven't started anything yet, but how do you make a backup if I don't like the roms? If one does a backup (how do you do a backup?), at what state does it restore your phone, perfectly, or do you have to reinstall all those no app store apps, reconfigure you home screens/shortcuts/widgets, etc?

11. Bankswood

Bankswood Android Expert

Good Thought. If you have downloaded Koursh Bootstap recovery (you will need it) then boot into Clockwork Mod Recovery by using bootstrap. Hit backup and you will make a nandroid (mirror) backup of your present setup. It wil be placed on your SD Card. If you don't like the custom rom you flashed or need to get back to stock for future OTA updates all you need to do is use the same steps as above but pick restore and then pick zip from SD Card and go.

12. rdillz

rdillz Well-Known Member

Yes, the backup restores your phone back to the exact state it was in when you made the backup. Even call logs and Widgets.

13. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews