• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

help needed

dcalla41

Lurker
Jun 28, 2011
I'm trying to follow this tutorial I found online. It says I have to change the name of the layout xml file. So I've changed the name to status.

The tutorial says that renaming the file requires me to change the name in the java file to refer it via the R class and that this is to be done in the StatusAactivity onCreate.

Where do I access this?

I'm trying to follow this tutorial I found online. It says I have to change the name of the layout xml file. So I've changed the name to status.

The tutorial says that renaming the file requires me to change the name in the java file to refer it via the R class and that this is to be done in the StatusAactivity onCreate.

Where do I access this?

What device and what are you trying to do? Is this a rooting question?

Upvote 0

Where do I access this?
Your resources are referenced in the "R" class which is generated for you automatically if you're using the Eclipse tools. You can open it and edit it like any java source. Look for references to the layout file and change them to status.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones