• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help: Newbie Droid User. Syncing contacts.

chrlee2004

Lurker
Mar 7, 2011
I am a new droid user and need some help with my contacts. So, my contacts synced with my google account, and also synced with by Blackberry contacts. So, I had two different contact lists on my droid. I went through all my contacts and deleted the ones i didn't want and linked the ones that I could, and also linked it to facebook pages.

however, my gmail contacts isn't syncing the updated information. FOr example, i have a friend's name and her phone number, but no email address--but in my android--it's there. what can i do to get everything synced?

thank you for any help!

Welcome to the forums. :)

I've found that it's best to make changes to contacts in the Google/Gmail account online with my computer, then sync the Android device (via autosync or manually, doesn't matter).

If you want to take the trouble to start over, and be sure everything is as it should be, go into the applications manager at menu > settings > applications > manage applications (takes a while to load) > filter "all."

Then scroll to Gmail and clear data and cache and defaults, then do the same in Gmail Storage, then reboot your device.

Again, I'd first make everything right in the account online, even though that seems backward. From then on, as you add new data into the device or online, things should come out right.

Reactions: chrlee2004
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones