• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help newbie tryed rooting with out debugging on and failed now debugging all grayed out

jamesy55

Lurker
Oct 1, 2014
Help newbie hear I tried for the fist time to root my S3 mini modal GT-18190N with odin and did not enable debugging so it started and failed phone still works but Developers options are all grayed out so I can not now enable debugging or any of the options now at all can some one help please

Hey jamesy and welcome to the forum :)

First, i think the problem with your developer options is that you haven't turned on the "on/off switch" at the top of the developer options menu (at least that was the problem I had with my last Samsung :rolleyes: )

However, not having usb debugging enabled isn't the reason Odin failed. Odin and downloading mode operate completely independent of the operating system (if it didn't, Odin would have no way to reflash a phone if the operating system became corrupt)

Now, i don't own your device, so I'm not really sure what did cause it to fail... Could you post the info that Odin shows when it fails?

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones