• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help! Newbie with an HTC Vivid..considering an HTC Inspire Canthear when I make calls on Vivid!

lildebs

Lurker
Dec 1, 2011
Hey all..Im so frustrated & need help..I switched my old iphone 3g cell things were shutting down on for larger screen to see better & more flexibilty..Im a bit challenged with tech stuff really dont need all the android stuff I mostly email,text, wanted a better camera & good sound for music..

Problem is a motorola phone I had would not stay charged for even a day..the vivid is a beautiful phone a bit heavy but I cant hear even with volume all the way up to talk on phone..my alarm seems fine.battery seems to hold better than motorola I charge at night & it seems to hold fine.

I saw a review that this is a known problem with the phone. phone earpiece volume sucks!
.I paid extra on top of my iphone trade in to have this nicer phone & i cant hear!

I have another week to switch then im stuck..Im with at&t...so I love the little circle thing on the vivid not sure inspire is similar but heard the speaker in earpeice for phone is better on the inspire?

or should I just go to the iphone 4s & just be stuck with the small size..I had no problems ever with battery, or music sound so loud but Im limited with small screen etc.. i love alot of the android phone size & features but if they are all no battery, low speakers what good is it id be better with an Iphone?

Help I do love this vivid Im bummed I cant hear, the voicemail messages dont show I have them, & the text auto spell fill i word thing acts like my iphone filling in words that are not words at all..

I should give u a data phone completly & get a cheaper phone bill? Frustrated what to do.

Not sure how many times I can change phones with at& t I have 2 weeks on this one a week into it..at a quandry could use help..Im not so tech savy but just want big, pretty, easy & be able to hear..I text alot, & use my phone to talk!

Thanks
Debby

I love the big size of the

I love this phone and have no problem hearing calls.Im not exactly sure why you can't hear it.It is much louder then my previous htc aria.You need to sit down and learn the phone and all its settings.Im not sure on the voice mail but i would suggest setting up visual voice mail then you can listen to your voice mail by the click of 1 button and its free.
You can go to menu/settings/call then enable hearing aids mode to see if that helps your volume.May just be a defective phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones