1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Help: newbie

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by androphoto, Sep 13, 2011.

1. androphoto

androphoto Lurker
    None

Sep 13, 2011
    Hello Android users,

First I'd like to note that I've tried to use a particular engine (cannot include the link as a new user to the forum!) to find the appropriate android phone, but it seems that the engine is not that good as it misses phones with specs I selected.

I am looking for an android phone with the following specs:

Best battery life
    Tethering support
    Multi-Tasking
    Multi Touch
    3G ++ (4G is a plus)
    WiFi
    WAP
    Bluetooth
    SD Expandable memory (up to 32GB)
    Ram: 1GB (greater is a plus)
    Cam
    Android 2.2 ++
    FM radio
    micro-usb (+ acts as charger)
    headset jack
    GPS (a plus)

I've read that HTC & Motorola are the best at updating their phones with the latest android releases & that Samsung are the worse ?!

From what I've read & searched, I found that the HTC EVO 3D & the HTC EVO 4G to be the best ?!
    Others I found were: HTC Sensation 4G, Motorola Atrix 4G, LG Optimus 3D (but seems with a RAM<1GB) & the Samsung T-Mobile G2x.

I request your help in this matter. The specs above are what I'm looking for.

And please take it easy on me ;) remember am just a newbie to this forum & to the android community as a whole.

P.S.: Of course, I prefer the phone to be unlocked & independent of any carrier since I live abroad (not the US or Canada).

thanks in advance; i appreciate your replies

Advertisement

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    Best battery life - subjective to your style of usage. I could change my settings in my Galaxy SL so that it will last 2-3 days (it lasted that when I bought it), or keep my current settings and usage which only allows the phone to last approx 15hrs.

As for the other things, use this: Phone Finder - search for a phone by feature - GSMArena.com

Just input the features you want in a phone, and it will search its database for you for everything that fits your criteria. Personally, I'd get a Samsung GalaxyS2.