• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HELP!! Nexus 5x Possibly Bricked

Chromesteel

Lurker
Aug 22, 2016
I was on Instagram, making a comment on a friends photo when randomly my phone froze (on Android N preview which I've been running for months now) and i couldn't press the home or recents button, everything was completely frozen for about 5 seconds. Then the screen went black and it was off. I tried to turn it back on but got no response. In about 20 minutes, after pressing/holding the power and volume buttons in random combinations for random amounts of time, it finally gave me the unlocked bootloader screen, then went to the Google splash screen, then black. It does this every time that I manage to get it to boot (which isn't often). I managed to get it to the bootloader, but recovery does the exact same thing except for no reason one time it booted fully into twrp where I flashed the stock Marshmallow rom and all. I tried to reboot and it told me I had no OS installed. So i rebooted anyway, since that made no sense, and still, black screen. I have no idea what's going on but it's very strange and I need my phone for tomorrow. This is driving me crazy :mad:

If you made a nandroid back up you could try to restore. Also is a link to the source code.... Instructions for flashing the factory image in Fastboot. If you need something to read. ;)

https://source.android.com
I never made a backup, but even if I did, I can't get into recovery anyways. Currently it wont even show the 'bootloader unlocked' caution screen. The most i'm getting out of it is a chime on windows when I hold the power button/volume buttons in random combinations. And it doesn't show up on my pc for fastboot, I checked.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones