1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help! Nexus S stuck in Downloading mode.. Tried everything!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by r3ap3r911, Apr 22, 2012.

1. r3ap3r911

r3ap3r911 Lurker

Hey all! I'm having an issue with a Nexus S GT-i9020T where immediately after the phone is turned on it goes into "Downloading... Do NOT turn of target!!!" mode.. This started after someone else updated the phone to some Cybermod 9 rom? and apparently the phone was working fine until the battery died, and upon reboot it came up with this downloading mode and stayed there permanently.. I've tried all the Vol + up and power button combos and nothing gets it out of downloading mode.. I've open the phone and checked to see if the Vol down button was stuck but it seems fine.. My problem is I can't get my PC to recognize antything except "Unknown Device" in Windows 7 x64, Odin doesnt pick it up, nothing under 'adb devices' shows up in terminal window, tried Unbrickable Resurrector with no success as it can't find the device.. Tried installing many different Samsung Drivers with no success (although now in Ubuntu I can see my other android devices with 'adb devices' command no problem...I've tried what seems like all the battery pull + Vol + Power button combos with no success - always goes into "Downloading..." and can't ever get it into bootloader/fastboot... Please help!!:thinking::thinking::thinking:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. WoodenAnts

WoodenAnts Member

Uh-oh. Sounds like that person may have bricked your phone. Personally, I have this same device, and I have had the same Rom as well, CM9 but I have never seen the screen you are describing. I think the difference is that mine succeeded. But that's not going to get this fixed is it? Sounds like you know your way around computers and tech, so there isn't much I can say, especially since there is nothing you can do to the phone itself besides turn it off an on (correct?)
    Unfortunatly, you may have to invest in a new phone (Galaxy Nexus?) or better yet, see what a phone repairer can do for it. They may be able factory reset the phone. I hope you have backups.
    Sorry buddy, but that's the best advice I can give you without charging ya. (JK, it's all I know)
    Please PM me for any further questions :)

Nexus S Forum

The Nexus S release date was December 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

December 2010
Release Date
Reviews