• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help [HELP] no 3g..wifi switches off automatically...

plasticarmyman

Android Expert
Oct 27, 2011
ok, so i did the 3g boost thing, just to try it out...and well..when i did that then my wifi would switch off immediately after turning on...unless i rebooted the phone with the wifi turned on (assuming by click count) and in that situation the phone would boot up with wifi on, when i switched it off then 3g would pop up but wouldn't work at all...now, i don't have shit...no 3g icon..no wifi workin...nothing whatsoever....i reversed the process for the 3g boost...i restarted and cleared dalvik..i do not know what else to do...

please help me out here, and i would prefer smart answers...not people who think they are being helpful..i've messed around with plenty of android phones so i know what to do before asking for help...please don't be an idiot

ok, so i did the 3g boost thing, just to try it out...and well..when i did that then my wifi would switch off immediately after turning on...unless i rebooted the phone with the wifi turned on (assuming by click count) and in that situation the phone would boot up with wifi on, when i switched it off then 3g would pop up but wouldn't work at all...now, i don't have shit...no 3g icon..no wifi workin...nothing whatsoever....i reversed the process for the 3g boost...i restarted and cleared dalvik..i do not know what else to do...

please help me out here, and i would prefer smart answers...not people who think they are being helpful..i've messed around with plenty of android phones so i know what to do before asking for help...please don't be an idiot

Firstly try Settings>Wireless/networks>Wi-Fi settings>Advanced Options (press option key)>Wi-Fi Sleep Policy. Switch it off.

Secondly, you may possibly need to restore your APN files if your 3G has completely stopped.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones