• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help No Keyboard!

Munky999

Apr 10, 2016
UK
Was running VERY low on space so ended up doing a factory reset. Now as I had been running low on space I had deleted a lot of stuff including apps I didn't use, including all keyboards except the one I was using. Google Keyboard.

Phone back up and running after reset but the google keyboard not there until I sign in to google. I can't sign into google without a keyboard. The only 'keyboard' available for me to select is Google Voice Typing but it won't recognise a spoken email address. HELP!!

Well, if you didn't make a backup in Recovery before deleting system elements you're kinda stuck. You'll have to reflash the stock firmware for your specific device or install a custom ROM in Recovery. This is one reason why we emphasize how important it is to make backups BEFORE doing anything in the /System partition. Good luck :)

Reactions: tube517
Upvote 0
@The_Chief Yes I backed up first via 'LG back up'. It's telling me I can't restore as the google accounts don't match! But thanks for your condescending 'help'.

I never meant it to be condescending. The easiest thing to do in the event of a system failure is to wipe the phone and restore the nandroid backup... then start over. Why the Google accounts don't match is a bit of a mystery, but I'm glad you got things straightened out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones