1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Help on deleting ringotnes!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by infamous78903, Mar 11, 2010.

1. infamous78903

infamous78903 Lurker

Mar 9, 2010
    So I need help in deleting my trimmed ringtones that i made on my HTC Hero. I downloaded Linda Manager app to be able to access my files, in order to delete the ringtones. I looked under Phone/system/media/audio/ringtones and they're no where to be found. Can anyone tell me where the trimmed ringtones are saved please! Thanks

Advertisement

2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice

Nov 28, 2009
    I've never used the default app... but try your sdcard instead of the system.

3. V425

V425 Android Enthusiast

Mar 5, 2010
    Maryland
    I use Astro and under the SD card there is a folder called .ringtonetrimmer and in it is a folder called ringtones where you can delete them

4. t1jordan

t1jordan Android Enthusiast

Oct 19, 2009
    Baltimore
    Estrongs File Manager is my personal favorite, but Astro works just as well.

5. Dade County

Dade County Newbie

Jan 2, 2010
    If you haven't found them yet... Astro is what I use also. Check in all of the folders on your sdcard. I helped a friend with an Eris (same issue). Hope you find em.

6. cooolone2

cooolone2 Android Enthusiast

Nov 5, 2009
    New York
    Astro File Manager is the best, IMHO, and is an excellent Backup program for installed apps to boot.

IF you are still having difficulty finding the files, here's a work-a-round...

Use an Audio app like MixZing which will find all the audio on your phone. In the file manager portion of that app, you can long press (brings up menu selection for that file) directly to delete files from phone or SD Card. This app is cool too cause you can tell it also to ignore certain directories... Easy enough - no? ;)

Anyway, hope it helps.

:cool:

Tags: