1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root help on installing custom recovery(1st android)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ZOOLAHiSHKOBOB, Jun 22, 2011.

1. ZOOLAHiSHKOBOB

ZOOLAHiSHKOBOB Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2011
    Hey, everyone. Im not sure if i should post this here, Im a new member. I've already had my lg optimus m rooted already, Therefore i got superuser. i've downloaded rom manager, root explorer, titanium back up. Now what? I been looking at the forums to install roms or themes. I loved the "sense" ROM. OMG i gotta have that. I seen that i need to install the custom recovery, for this phone first. I looked at the http://androidforums.com/getitnowmarketing/256286-custom-recovery-ms690-optimus-m.html for the custom recovery and DAMN i cant understand a word. What should i do? isnt that the like some sort of restore point? If i mess up my phone? but gaahhh im soo confuse on how to install a custom recovery. >.< sorry people. So could someone give me a step by step help? PM me. thanks! much appreciated![=

Advertisement

2. Darnell0216

Darnell0216 Well-Known Member

First DELETE ROM MANAGER. IT WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE!!!

- That is an old thread. Please look through all of the stickies for updated information. You will be getting GetItNowMarketing's v2.2.1 All In One Recovery or Joneidy's v2.2.1

- You will need Terminal from the Market or the Android SDK to use ADB Shell. Once you have one of these two apps, you can proceed a little further.

There's a guide written by jabbawest that has a good amount of updated starter info.

Tags: