1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Help on my first android phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by star_devilyn, Mar 26, 2011.

1. star_devilyn

star_devilyn Newbie
    None

Mar 26, 2011
    Singapore
    Hi people, i just bought myself HTC Incredible S and this is my first android phone. I have few questions to ask...

1st : Is there any good killer apps on the market? When i tried to kill apps using an app call 'ATK', it will state unable to kill app with 3rd party app? So i try to kill the app by managing applications. Looks like some app that i selected weren't kill at all. I hate to see the notification windows of the apps running when I'm not using it. Is there any way to solve this?Or its normal?

2nd : How do i backup my files from my phone to my SD card? Is there any way other than rooting? I do not want to go into rooting right now coz I'm very new to android.

3rd : I sync my google contacts on the phone, as I'm a previous owner of iPhone, i don't have any contacts on my sim card. Is there a way to copy all my google contacts to sim card instead of doing it one by one? And can i change the view of my phonebook to show my google contacts instead of both coz when i copy a contact on my sim card, it appear on the phonebook.

Advertisement

2. sitlet

None

Apr 11, 2010
    Task killers are NOT needed, and only make things worse:

http://androidforums.com/android-applications/214451-task-killer-do-i-need-one.html#post1852258

Without rooting, your contacts/calendar should be backed up to google, just login to your gmail on your computer to make sure. Otherwise, you can back up a LIST of apps using AppBrain, but it will not back up data. You will need to be rooted for that.

3. star_devilyn

star_devilyn Newbie
    None

Mar 26, 2011
    Singapore
    How do i go about doing it? I read there issues with rooting your phone like unable to connect to internet. And it say its advisable to backup your rom..i don't even know how to do that :(

4. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie
    None

Nov 4, 2009
    Sales
    The Sea of Tranquility
    Moved to Incredible S forum.

1- As already mentioned, no task killer for 2.2+ based roms
    2- Astro file manager is free and will back up most files. To do a complete rom backup yo wold need to be rooted. OTH, unless you're rooted and playing with roms, there isn't much of a need for a full back up.
    3-I've only had CDMA phones and have no experience with sim cards.

Enjoy your awesome new phone!