• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help on picking smartphone!

You could get a nexus 4 for that money. It has a quad core processor, 16gb memory, 2 GB ram and is running the most up to date version of android.
But really at the end of the day you need to decide what you actually want the phone to do, read up about the ones you like that are available on the networks where you are. Even though you aren't concerned about a camera most decent phones will have at least an 8mp one. I would say go into a store and have a look at phones and try them out first before you buy.

Upvote 0
Numerous single core phones run ICS without any problems, I'm a bit confused about you mentioning worrying about the Xperia because of its having a single core, the HTC One V is also a single core device. While the ability to run ICS on a single core isn't an issue, if you can get a multi core device in your price range that's available on your carrier I would definitely recommend it, doesn't help to future proof a bit especially when purchasing a new phone. Good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones