• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help! Ota failure!!!

Here's the latest...

I was rooted using Pete's Motorola Root Tools. Before I got the OTA I unrooted. I finally was able to download the OTA file. When I ran the install it would start and then flash an exclamation point in a triangle and then just reboot my phone. I tried to reroot my phone but it says that it can't. I keep getting this message when I run the root software again.

"adb could not be granted root access. Try again from start but if the problem continues, check your version of GingerBread - hopefully you don't have a version where this exploit was fixed."

Now what? Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions?

Droid Bionic
System version: 5.5.886.XT875
Baseband version: CDMA_N_03.1C.50R Itedc_u_05.15.00
Webtop Version: WT-1.3.0-105_DBN-1
Kernel: 2.6.35.7-g790a33c hpn683@il93lnxdroid29 #1
Build # 5.5.1_84_DBN-55
ER Version: 5
PRL version 15075

I tried to reroot using two methods to no avail. Finally did hard reset and still have error messages............getting a replacement. How do I prevent this in the future? Anybody know if R3l3AS3DRoot will work to prevent unrooting after OTA updates?

You'd have better luck asking this in the "Bionic All Things Root" sub-forum.

... Thom

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones