• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root help phone broke force restart

amanda3000

Lurker
Feb 24, 2011
Hi i really need help, i flashed my phone which was fine. i then installed x10 dark them to change notification bar. when the phone restarted com.android.phone has stopped keeps coming up then my phone resets itself. i have no clue what to do it wont stay on long enough to wipe it or flash it. please help

You're probably going to have to get into the recovery menu.

Most Android devices do that by a combination of two buttons such as holding the volume down button while pressing the power button, or volume up and power, or both up and down at the same time and power, etc.

You'll have to experiment to find it, unless somebody with that device chimes in. Just be sure to be patient and hold them for 5 or more seconds or until something appears on the screen, then release.

One thing they all have in common is using the volume up and down keys to navigate the menu once it appears.

Because you cannot get into your device long enough to use the normal menus there, you'll likely have to use the factory data reset choice in the recovery menu.

Let's see if other ideas come along in the X10 forum where I've moved your question.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones