1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HELP - Phone Contacts are all screwed up

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bozz5384, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Bozz5384

Bozz5384 Well-Known Member

As stated in the title of this thread... my wifes contacts are all screwed up, and I cannot figure out why and don't really know how to best fix it.

It has matched wrong pictures/contact records together (ie: my pic on someone elses record), shows wrong name in phonebook with someone elses picture... when you go into edit it, the incorrect name that shows up in the list doesn't even show in the contact record.

Also, it has lost numbers, records completely, etc. as well.

Not sure how to go about fixing it, things are goofed up and not totally synced between Google and the phone.. they both have errors.

HELP! Any suggestions? I turned off sync between google and her phone and thought maybe the best way to proceed is to have her fix everything in Google, wipe the entire contact list in the phone and then re-sync them. Thoughts?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Bozz5384

Nobody else has had this problem?

3. Chi-TownTx

Chi-TownTx Well-Known Member

Stumbled upon this one a bit late but in contacts did you notice on the buggy ones you have 2 tab options. One for gsync and one for phone contacts?

Dunno for sure but might be your problem. Look at a buggy contact then look at the top of the screen and see if there is a gsync and a phone tab then match them up.

4. Bozz5384

I don't see two tab options... I see the Google icon and/or the icons for contact records being on the phone or SIM card but haven't come across any pattern for her madness. My phone is fine, so I have to look again at my wifes when she is home.

To attempt at getting hers straight I unlinked it from Google, told her to get Google fixed up so its right, and then planned to re-sync them and see what I end up with. Neither the phone nor Google has 100% accurate books they are both screwed up at this point.

Samsung Droid Charge Forum

The Samsung Droid Charge release date was May 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1600mAh battery.

May 2011
Release Date
Reviews