1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HELP! Phone is randomly dialing numbers?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by reilus, Apr 25, 2013.

1. reilus

reilus Android Enthusiast

What is going on with this crazy phone? I tell it to call work, it calls my grandmother. After I hang up with my grandmother it calls work. I call my wife and it calls her again on the other line. I set the phone down and it randomly dials my grandmother.

I'm yelling this is madness; the phone is yelling THIS IS SPARTA! What the hell is going on?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. D0VeR

D0VeR Android Enthusiast

More info plz.
    What rom to start

reilus and EarlyMon like this.
  3. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

reilus likes this.
  4. reilus

#2, latest version. I'm not sure what info is relevant, though. What do you need to know?

5. D0VeR

D0VeR Android Enthusiast

I "want" to know everything!
    Every app app mod etc
    bUTT
    That's alot of typing!

Honestly never heard of nothing like this. Was thinking possibly a virus or bad d/l or install

6. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Extreme Android User

Well if you have big fingers or large hands it will happen if you are touching the edge of the device and when it complete a task it will do others

reilus likes this.
  7. DONLATINOHEAT

DONLATINOHEAT Well-Known Member

Time to call ghost busters your phone is haunted lol jk never heard of something like this have you tried to do a new install a total wipe?

8. Geezer Squid

Geezer Squid Well-Known Member

Were you charging the phone at the time? If so were you using the stock charger and cable? If that isn't the issue you may have a digitizer starting to fail.

reilus likes this.
  9. reilus

Na, it happens all the time. Now Dolphin is not connecting to the net. I have other issues. I think I'm just going to change carriers and get a new phone. The Optimus M and Esteem have always been more trouble than they are worth. I've spent hours up at night working on it.

The only reason I kept the phones is because we have great people in these forums and the other models dont' have the great people. I just can't deal with this phone anymore. I'll keep it to run penetration testing on and I'll still chat in here, but I'm going to see about an S4 with T-Mobile. They're merging with Metro anyway, but I can get the same price, better coverage, and better phones.

10. D0VeR

D0VeR Android Enthusiast

Ya don't wanna sell ur esteem do ya? Lemme know. I can't do anything crazy with the development on this phone, cuz I don't have a backup, dont have much money, and nobody donates shit.

11. reilus

If I decide to get rid of it, I'll let you know.

LG Esteem Forum

The LG Esteem release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews