1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Help, Phone isnt working

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chasewardtx, Mar 12, 2011.

1. chasewardtx

chasewardtx Lurker
    None

Sep 21, 2010
    Student
    Denison, TX
    I put the aospMod 9.9.2 on my phone a few days ago. Everything ran smoothly just like any other rom i have booted before. But yesterday at work I pulled my phone out of my pocket and tried to use it and it gets stuck on the unlock screen (when I tried to slide the unlock button over it freezes. Hit power it does it again a few times. it unlocked but still was freezing so I could not do anything. I though I would wipe everything and try to install the rom again but my phone will not boot into recovery (clockworkMod). When I try to boot into recovery home+power, fastboot to recovery, etc. the screen turns black and sticks at this screen. I have to pull the battery to turn off the phone (when trying to boot into recover or turning the phone off from the frozen state). I am still able to access Hboot & Fastboot but that is all. I tried to do a hard reset (home+back+power) and I am still having the same problem. Can I please get some help, I am not sure how to get my phone working again. Thanks

Advertisement

2. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Android Expert
    None

May 29, 2010
    Senior Software Engineer
    Wilmington, Delaware
    Are you able to flash ClockworkMod again via ROM Manager? Reflashing that should enable you to get back into recovery, so that you can do a proper full wipe and then reflash your ROM and GApps.

If that does not work, then there are other options. You can flash the stock RUU directly from HBOOT. Here is a link to that: [RUU] Official 2.31.651.7 in ZIP Format, Flashable from Fastboot - xda-developers .

3. chasewardtx

chasewardtx Lurker
    None

Sep 21, 2010
    Student
    Denison, TX
    I am unable to get to Rom Manager but I will try to RRU with the the link you provided, Thanks

4. chasewardtx

chasewardtx Lurker
    None

Sep 21, 2010
    Student
    Denison, TX
    Thanks, it worked but I think my touch screen has gone out, it is not responding to my touch at all. But now that I have a stock rom I can run it up to the sprint store and have those guys replace it. I hate going up there and talking to them! They really get on my nerves, but oh well. I have the insurance thing so I will try to get them to fix it.

5. chasewardtx

chasewardtx Lurker
    None

Sep 21, 2010
    Student
    Denison, TX
    I took it in and got the screen replaced. Thanks for the help

Tags: