1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Help! Phone needs unrooting but I have several problems

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by dave092, Jul 29, 2013.

1. dave092

dave092 Lurker
    None

Jul 29, 2013
    Hi Folks,

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note II and yesterday, I rooted my phone via Odin and the Samsung Drivers installed fine and the rooting procedure was successful. However, I now wish to unroot my device and I'm hitting several problems. I sort of unrooted it via SU and I deleted the Samsung Driver from the computer. I now have a problem because when I connect my phone to the computer in the download mode, it's unsuccessful. I've tried re-installing the Samsung Driver and using Odin however, the USB connection to the computer in download mode is still unsuccessful. I'm completely and utterly screwed and I need someone to advise me of a way to completely unroot the phone.

Advertisement

2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    Male
    monkey
    Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe
    Try reinstalling the drivers but if you cant get it to work, check out the Odin Mobile app and use that to flash stock firmware. That will remove the root :thumbup:

3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    None

Welcome, dave.

funkylogik set you right about the drivers, but we can get you into the right area for your device if you tell us which carrier you are with ("All Things Root" sub-forums for the Note 2 are separated out into carriers, as the root procedures and other remedies can differ a bit ;)).

pastafarian and funkylogik like this.